BEFORE YOU JOIN! (FAQ)

• 2 Replies

Offline M.Jessepi

• 10 men wisely lead will beat 100 without a head.
    • View Profile
BEFORE YOU JOIN! (FAQ)
« on: June 02, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
Hi!

If you're reading this, you are probably here because of an interest in our community and what we do. In this post, I would like to try and answer some questions that I am commonly asked by new recruits.

Q: How often does the 1stRAR do missions?
A: We hold missions twice a week, on Friday and Saturday night. They will generally start at 7:00PM AEST, unless otherwise specified. Individual sections will also hold training missions during the week, that are separately  organized by the leaders of the individual groups.

Q: What other kinds of role's are there within the 1stRAR?
A: We've got a wide array of different positions within the 1stRAR. Ranging from Leadership positions, to specific area's of expertise such as Automatic Rifleman, Anti-Tank, and Combat Medic. You will commonly hear these referred to as "AIT's" (Advanced Individual Training). If you are interested in any specific area, please feel free to mention this in your application, or to your recruiter after your initial interview.

Q: I don't really know how to mod Arma 3, is that an issue?
A Not at all! Our highly talented staff have created an application specifically for downloading and managing your 1stRAR mods! This is known as the Toolbox, and it's as simple as logging into it with your forums account, and clicking Sync. This is also how you'll launch Arma 3 come operation night.

Q: What if I can't make it to a mission?
A: If you are ever unable to make it to an operation, we simply request that you inform your section leader (Or a member of HQ) prior to operation day. If you do not do this, expect a knock on your door about attendance.

Q: This all sounds great! When can I join a mission and start shooting bad dudes?!
A: Whoa up there soldier, you haven't passed Basic Combat Training (BCT's) yet. Once you have completed your interview and downloaded your mods, seek out a BCT instructor and get training! If you have any issues with this, you can ask any of our friendly members to point you in the right direction.

Q: My specific query isn't listed here, who can I ask?
A: If you have any specific questions about the 1stRAR, feel free to reply to this thread, or jump on our team speak and ask away! We'll do our best to answer it.

Q: How do I get promoted after Private?
A: First of all there needs to be a position available. In the 1RAR rank promotions are given in correspondence to your Role. For example, if someone becomes a Section Leader, they will receive the rank promotion to Corporal and so on. So from Private, the next rank is LCpl which is given to a Second in Command of a Section (currently). You do not necessarily have to go from rank to rank, some Privates have gone straight to Corporal in the past. In regards to what is required from you as an individual is a large list of things, but to break it down to simple basics here goes: #1 Follow orders do not answer back or argue. #2 Be a follower before you lead (follow orders do not try an give them). #3 Show maturity, a key element required to lead. #4 Show RESPECT to your higher ranks regardless. #5 All of these come to respecting YOURSELF, if you don't respect yourself then how can you respect others and earn the respect of your comrades. Most of all, you will not earn respect or a promotion by trying to take over or undermine your superiors. You do your job and do it to your best, let others do their jobs.

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions here.

Regards,
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:20:23 PM by S.Goodwin »
Cpl M.Jessepi

D-1-1, 1st Battalion, 1st Royal Australian Regiment

Offline W.Coburn

• Just Joined
    • View Profile
Re: BEFORE YOU JOIN! (FAQ)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 03:51:00 PM »
what are the different ranks that you can achieve?

Online J.Boulton

• I really hate water so much I can't swim
    • View Profile
Re: BEFORE YOU JOIN! (FAQ)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 04:38:36 PM »
The most obvious one being Private once complete your BCT from there you can become LCpl, Cpl, Sgt etc. Unless of course you follow the Aviation route then you start off as OFFCDT then PLTOFF, FLGOFF etc.
Pte A.Boulton, Section D-1-1
Combat Medic AIT
LMG AIT Instructor
S-1 Personnel Department
S-3 Logistics Department