J.Hawthorne's Application
« on: May 18, 2020, 10:02:02 AM »
Full name/alias: Jasper Hawthorne
Link to Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com.id/jhawthorne20/
Arma 3 Player ID: 76561199058761925
Country, State, timezone: Australia, NSW, AEST
Date of birth (dd/mm/yy): 19/06/00

6. Why do you want to join the 1stRAR?
I have recently purchased Arma and am really interested in the milsim possibilities of such a game. I have been tuning into twitch streams of 1stRAR members and would very much like to be part of an online community through which I could make connections, learn about military methodologies in Arma and develop skills within the game.

7. What branch of the unit are you interested in? (Current Unit Branch's consist of Aviation, Cavalry and Infantry)
I would relish the opportunity to join Aviation, either straight away or eventually.

8. What do you think you will get out of the 1stRAR?
After having brief and limited involvement with online gaming communities previously, I think that wholeheartedly participating in 1stRAR will help me to learn skills like radio communications, military procedure and an improved understanding of Arma as a game. I would like to think that I will also gain many social connections that will allow me to learn more about the 1stRAR and other’s experiences with Arma to broaden my own.

9. Have you ever been in a realism unit before, if so which one?​
I have never been in a realism unit before.

10. Do you ever see yourself stepping into a leadership role? If so, what would you offer as a leader?​
I can see myself as being effective in a leadership role, of course only after I develop adequate skills and experience within the regiment. If given the opportunity, I would work on offering a balance of discipline and mediated decision making. I am capable of taking extra initiative to help others have the best possible experience, and would apply myself in learning strategies and tactics for different situations (both during operation and possibly in disagreements).

11. What is your experience in the ARMA series?​
Arma 3 is my first experience in the series, with a beginner stage understanding

12. How did you find the 1stRAR? If you were referred by someone in the 1stRAR, who was it?​
I was referred by SQNLDR C.Tsang after expressing interest in Arma and joining a milsim

13. What do you think you will offer this unit as a member?
I have the self-discipline to follow rules and policies, but also the humour to have a little fun when the situation allows. As a member I would be supportive to others and do my best to contribute to the regiment in any way possible, with a dedication to applying myself and participating consistently on weekend ops.

14. Do you have any real life military experience? (Cadets, Army etc.)
2016-2018 Australian Air Force Cadets. I reached LCDT but was unfortunately unable to attend promotional courses due to educational priorities.

15. Do you have any other relevant skills? (i.e. Mod creation, Previous server owner, etc)
Unsure of the relevancy, but I have a continuing medical education that gives me an understanding of clinical skills that could be applied in the tactical field.

By Signing this document you agree to uphold the rules, expectations and values of the 1st RAR and will meet all the requirements the 1st RAR asks of you. You consent to have your name/alias shown in media created by our Content Creators.

Signed, Jasper Hawthorne

Offline N.White

• Total
Re: J.Hawthorne's Application
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 10:05:21 AM »
Congratulations J.Hawthorne your application has been APPROVED. Please join our Teamspeak (server.1strar.com) and locate the “Waiting for interview” channel and wait patiently for a recruiter to assist you and begin your interview to discuss the terms of your enlistment.
Cpl N.White

2nd Platoon, 2-Bravo